Saturday, July 15, 2006

Getting Started

This blog will chronicle building a Web 2.0 shopping cart and administrative front-end for momsinmadison.com, with integration to Google Checkout. I will be using XHTML, CSS, and Google Web Toolkit (GWT) with Java on the server in either JBoss 4.x or Tomcat 5.5.x. I will also be using the newest Eclipse development environment (3.2 - Callisto) with Ant and a variety of static analysis tools such as Checkstyle, PMD, JCSC, and FindBugs.

Since my wife (owner of momsinmadison.com) and I both work on Macs with OS X, I will be shooting for Safari compatibility as well as the typical IE and Firefox compatibility. Hopefully using GWT will help a lot with that (that's the plan, at least!)

So that's the plan, my next post will show some of the use cases I have put together for this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home